4. Pfizer (PFE) is a global drug company.
Pfizer's sales have risen 36% in the past 12 months, but its net income has dropped 4.4% and earnings per share have fallen 19%. Pfizer's fourth-quarter net margin climbed from 4.6% to more than 16%. Its trailing 12-month pre-tax margin, at 14%, ranks in the 66th percentile for the pharmaceutical industry. Pfizer produced $68 billion of 2010 sales and generated $9.4 billion of pre-tax income. It received a $2.8 billion current tax benefit in the U.S. and deferred $2 billion. Pfizer paid $2.3 billion of current international taxes and received a $74 million deferred tax benefit.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts