5. Coca-Cola (KO) makes syrups and beverages.
Revenue has grown 17% in the past 12 months and net income has advanced 73%. Coke's fourth-quarter net margin jumped from 21% to 55%, helped by one-time gains. Still, its trailing 12-month pre-tax profit margin ranks in the 99th percentile for the beverage industry. Coke generated more than $35 billion of sales in fiscal 2010 and more than $14 billion of pre-tax income. Yet, it was taxed at an effective rate of less than 17%, paying $420 million in current taxes to the U.S. and incurring a deferred expense $599 million. Coke paid $1.3 billion in current international taxes and deferred a more modest $16 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV