7. DuPont (DD) is a specialty-products company, selling agricultural products, nutrition additives, performance chemicals and specialty coatings.
DuPont's sales have advanced 18% in the past 12 months as net income and earnings per share soared 72%. Its fourth quarter net profit margin came in at 4.9%, down from 6.6% in the year-earlier quarter. In fiscal 2010, DuPont produced nearly $33 billion of sales and $3.7 billion of pre-tax income, but enjoyed an effective tax rate of less than 18%, down from 19% in 2009. It enjoyed a $109 million tax benefit from the U.S., with $245 million expensed for deferred taxes. It paid $454 million of current international taxes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV