9. Hewlett Packard (HPQ) makes computers and servers and offers technology consulting services.
Sales, net income and earnings per share have expanded 8.9%, 13% and 18%, respectively, over the past 12 months. HP posted an operating margin of 8% and a net profit margin of 8% for its recently reported fiscal first quarter. HP achieved $126 billion of sales during its fiscal 2010 and generated $11 billion of pre-tax income. It was taxed at an effective rate of just 20%, incurring $484 million of U.S. federal tax expenses and $231 million deferred. It had $1.3 billion of current international taxes and $21 million deferred. HP's effective rate widened from 19% in 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV