That helps when it comes to choosing the hops, ales, stouts and lagers the 55-seat restaurant prides itself on offering on eight routinely changed taps.
|For many small restaurants and bars, deciding on a beer menu is part of making smart business decisions.|
"We choose the beers we want," says Dan Monteforte, pit master at Swingbellys.While price plays a role in selecting many of the beers, Monteforte says, the most important factor is that they complement the strong flavors of ribs, chicken and brisket. "There are a lot of beers that won't stand up to BBQ. We try to choose bold flavors," Monteforte says. "If you pick something that is weak or light, it will get lost." For many small restaurants and bars, deciding on a beer menu is part of making smart business decisions. Restaurants take into account the demographics and demands of their guests, storage space and cost as well as what's on the food menu, according to Annika Stensson, director of media relations for the National Restaurant Association.
-- Michael Roper, proprietor of Hopleaf Bar
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV