NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Don Dion posts his current insights on the stock, bond, commodity and currency markets in his RealMoney blog, anticipating which ETFs will be in play next.
Here are three of his blog posts from the past week:
An Opportunity in Natural Gas
Published 4/7/2011 2:50 p.m. EDTLook past today's natural gas supply report and toward new legislation that could rapidly transform the industry. If you don't have exposure to natural gas companies such as Noble Energy (NBL), PetroQuest (PQ) and Stone Energy (SGY), today is the day to pick up the First Trust ISE-Revere Natural Gas Index Fund (FCG). While higher-than-expected supply levels have sent natural gas prices plunging in the short-term, $108-per-barrel oil is still a force to be reckoned with. The pressure of prices at the pump is causing politicians and investors alike to look for alternatives. According to NewsOK (a news source in Oklahoma) a bipartisan effort is under way to get the gears turning on a bill that would increase the nation's supply of vehicles fueled by natural gas. This short-term supply blip is a good entry point for a longer-term natural gas run if the bill keeps gaining momentum. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll FCG offers exposure to a well-balanced portfolio of natural gas companies that would benefit from the natural gas initiatives that continue to be pushed forward by certain politicians. While the idea of these new vehicles may seem far-flung to some, gas prices are roaring and it's a good idea to get early exposure to tomorrow's alternative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV