iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund (IYT) -1.6%
The transportation ETF is facing pressure, with the airlines leading the retreat. United Continental (UAL) is taking one of the biggest hits, declining 7% in early afternoon trading. Delta (DAL), AMR (AMR) and JetBlue (JBLU) are all facing declines as well.
IYT is well suited to protect against volatile regions of the transportation industry such as airlines. The industry represents only 6% of the fund's index.
All prices as of 2:14 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV