NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) 3.8%
Silver prices have broken through the $40 per ounce level for the first time since 1980. Investors seeking equity exposure to this popular precious metal have turned to the SIL, pushing the fund to strong gains.
LosersiPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Subindex Total Return ETN (SGG) -2.6% Sugar prices have struggled throughout the past week, tumbling for four consecutive days. With Friday's decline, the fund has returned to levels seen in mid-March. Agriculture continues to be a popular corner of the markets. However, as evidenced by the recent action seen from SGG, single commodity funds are prone to volatile day-to-day action. Market Vectors Small Cap India ETF (SCIF) -1.7% The Indian marketplace is running into headwinds as we close out the trading week. The nation's small-cap companies are getting hit particularly hard, leading SCIF to suffer notable losses. Although it got off to a rough start in 2011, throughout much of March and the start of April, SCIF has staged an impressive recovery. Looking to the days and weeks ahead, it will be interesting to see if funds like SCIF and WisdomTree India Earnings ETF (EPI) can hold onto their recent gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV