3. UIL Holdings (UIL), primarily operates its regulated utility business consisting of the electric transmission and distribution operations.
During the year ended Dec. 2010, the company reported total revenue of $997.7 million, up 11.3% year-over-year from $896.6 million. Net income increased marginally to $54.9 million from $54.3 million. However, on a per share basis, earnings declined to $1.52 from $1.93.
During the year, the company paid an annual cash dividend of $1.728 per share totaling $87.4 million compared to $51.8 million during 2009. Furthermore, the company closed on the acquisition of three gas companies within six months of announcement, launched a new and innovative transmission venture and GenConn Energy's Devon plant was completed and became operationalGoing forward, the company expects 2011 net income in the range of $88-$98 million or $1.75-$1.95 per share. The company currently has a dividend yield of 5.77%. Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 50% rate a buy, while 38% rate a hold. The stock has gained 9% in the past one year and trades at a P/E of 15.3
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV