4. The Empire District Electric Company (EDE) is a public utility engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma. and Arkansas. The company operates in three segments: electric, gas and other.
During the quarter ended Dec. 2010, total revenue stood at $132.8 million, up 9.9% from $120.9 million, while full-year revenue grew 9% to $541.3 million, driven by higher electricity sales owing to a warmer summer in 2010. Net income increased 14.8% to $47.4 million, while cash flow from operating activities rose 6.6% to $138.1 million.
On Feb. 3, 2011, the company announced quarterly dividend of 32 cents per share, with a record date of Mar. 1, 2011 and a payable date of Mar. 15, 2011. During 2010, the company paid dividend of $1.28 per share totaling $52 million. The company currently has a dividend yield of 5.77%.All the four analysts covering the stock rate it a hold. On average, analysts expect an upside of 2% to $22.5 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 20.1% in the past one year and trades at 17.5 times its 2011 estimated earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV