5. Amerigas Partners (APU) is a retail propane distributor in the U.S. serving residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, and motor fuel customers in all the 50 states through 1,200 propane distribution locations.
During the first quarter ended Dec. 2010, total revenue increased 6.6% to $700.2 million on higher average retail sales prices, partially offset by lower retail sales volumes. However, EBITDA declined 7.9% to $113.3 million, while net income decreased 10.8% year-over-year to $74.9 million or $1.06 per share.
For the same quarter, quarterly distribution was 0.705 cents per share totaling $41.6 million compared to $39.2 million in the year-ago quarter, reflecting a higher quarterly per unit distribution rate.For 2011, the company expects to report net income of $194 million and EBITDA of $350 million, as compared to losses reported in the previous year. The company currently has a dividend yield of 5.7%. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 14% rate a buy and 57% assign a hold. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 1% to $48.33 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 17.2% in the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV