7. Exelon is a utility services holding company operating through owned and contracted electric generating facilities, wholesale energy marketing, and retail supply.
During 2010 fourth quarter, total revenue increased 8.5% to $4.5 billion from $4.1 billion, while net income stood at $631 million or 96 cents per share, up 3.4% year-over-year from $610 million or 92 cents per share. Full year revenue grew 7.1% to $18.7 billion, whereas net income declined marginally to $2.7 million or $4.06 per share from $2.72 million or $4.12 per share in 2009.
In addition, the company generated cash from operations of $5.3 billion, while it returned $1.4 billion, including quarterly dividend of 0.525 per share or $2.10 annually in cash to shareholders through dividends.During Dec. 2010, the company completed the acquisition of John Deere Renewables, an operator and developer of 36 wind power projects in eight states, for $860 million. The deal marks Exelon's entry into operating wind projects. The company expects earnings of $3.90-$4.20 per share and cash flow from operations of $4.3 billion during 2011. The company currently has a dividend yield of 5.08%. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 19% rate a buy, while 62% rate a hold. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 4.7% to $42.86 in value from current levels. The stock currently trades at a P/E of 10.1
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV