7. Exelon is a utility services holding company operating through owned and contracted electric generating facilities, wholesale energy marketing, and retail supply.
During 2010 fourth quarter, total revenue increased 8.5% to $4.5 billion from $4.1 billion, while net income stood at $631 million or 96 cents per share, up 3.4% year-over-year from $610 million or 92 cents per share. Full year revenue grew 7.1% to $18.7 billion, whereas net income declined marginally to $2.7 million or $4.06 per share from $2.72 million or $4.12 per share in 2009.
In addition, the company generated cash from operations of $5.3 billion, while it returned $1.4 billion, including quarterly dividend of 0.525 per share or $2.10 annually in cash to shareholders through dividends.During Dec. 2010, the company completed the acquisition of John Deere Renewables, an operator and developer of 36 wind power projects in eight states, for $860 million. The deal marks Exelon's entry into operating wind projects. The company expects earnings of $3.90-$4.20 per share and cash flow from operations of $4.3 billion during 2011. The company currently has a dividend yield of 5.08%. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 19% rate a buy, while 62% rate a hold. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 4.7% to $42.86 in value from current levels. The stock currently trades at a P/E of 10.1
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV