8. DTE Energy is a diversified energy company engaged in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity and natural gas. The company's other activities include gas pipelines and storage, unconventional gas and oil project development and production, power and industrial projects, and energy marketing and trading operations.
During 2010 fourth quarter, total revenue increased marginally to $2.17 billion from $2.12 billion, while earnings were up 26.7% to $152 million or 90 cents per share from $120 million or 72 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Full year revenue grew 6.8% to $8.6 billion from $8 billion, while net income stood at $630 million or $3.74 per share, up 18.4% from $532 million or $3.24 per share.
During the year ended Dec. 2010, the company paid dividend of $2.18 per share, up from $2.12 per share in 2009. Totally, the company paid cash dividends of $360 million during 2010 compared to $348 million in 2009 and $344 million in 2008.Going forward, DTE guides 2011 earnings in the range of $3.40-$3.70 per share. The company recently declared a dividend of 56 cents per share payable on Apr.15, 2011. The company currently has a dividend yield of 4.81%. Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 27% rate a buy, while 64% recommend a hold. The stock has gained 7.6% during the past one year and currently trades at a P/E of 13.8. Barclays recently reiterated an overweight rating on the stock with a price target of $52.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV