Do You Care if the Government Shuts Down?
Two states that will suffer the greatest impact are Maryland and Virginia, as an estimated 250,000 and 120,000 of their residents, respectively, are federal employees, according to PBS.
The streets of Washington D.C. could very well be filled with double-parked cars and garbage bags next week as parking officers and garbage collectors have been deemed "non-essential" part of the government.
In light of all this, we want to know: Do readers of TheStreet think a government shutdown would affect them and do they care? Take the poll below to see what your fellow investors think....
-- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV