2. LJ International (JADE), a vertically integrated company, designs, brands, markets, distributes and retails a range of fine jewelry. In the Asia-Pacific region, the company conducts its jewelry retail business under the brand ENZO with major focus on China. In the North American region, its activities center on wholesale marketing and its marketing relationship with International Jewelry Connection.
For full year 2010, surpassing the company's guidance, revenue was up 27% to $140.5 million from the previous year with the retail segment contributing 55%. Meanwhile, net income for the year stood at $13 million or 49 cents per fully diluted share, up from $3.7 million or 15 cents per share in 2009. At the end of 2010, the company opened a net 38 stores taking the total count to 133. Moreover, the company closed the year with a strong balance sheet aided by almost $38 million fresh capital from two new bank credit lines and a private placement share issue during the fourth quarter 2010.
Looking ahead, the company plans to own 200 ENZO stores by the end of 2011. For first quarter of 2011, the company estimates revenue and net income at $40 million and $3 million, an increase of 48% and 60% from the year-ago quarter, respectively. Retail and wholesale revenue are seen soaring 52% and 44% year-over-year to $25 and $15 million, respectively.The two analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 79% to $7.0 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV