4. Hanesbrands (HBI), a consumer goods company, owns a portfolio of apparel brands in six segments - innerwear, outerwear, hosiery, direct-to-consumer, international, and other. The company engages in designing, manufacturing, sourcing and selling a range of apparel essentials.
For full year 2010, the company reported earnings per share of $2.16 as compared to 54 cents in 2009. Revenues were up 11.2% to $4.33 billion from the previous year levels. At the end of the year, cash and cash equivalents stood at $43.6 million while inventories increased 26% to $1.3 billion. During 2011, the company expects double-digit growth in revenue in the range of $4.85 to $5.0 billion and earnings per share between $2.60 and $2.80. Hanesbrands plans to increase prices in 2011, as higher cotton prices are cutting into its profitability.
Naturally Advanced Technologies (NAT) recently agreed to a 10-year CRAiLAR fiber purchase agreement with Hanesbrands that will commercialize NAT's proprietary flax fibers. The company recently launched its new store in Atlantic City taking total its stores owned to more than 200. Besides, Shapiro Capital Management has reported a 5.56% stake worth $135 million in Hanesbrands.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy on it while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 25.4% to $34.0 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV