7. R.G. Barry (DFZ) is a developer and marketer of accessory footwear. The company serves a range of North American retailers of all size and retail categories with its family of licensed brands. Its principal brands include Angel Treads, Dearfoams, DF, DF Sport, Terrasoles, and Utopia by Dearfoams. The company develops and sources more than 25 million pairs of accessory footwear annually.
For full year 2010, Barry's net sales increased 8.8% from 2009 levels. Earnings per share rose 31% to 85 cents during the same period. In addition, at the end of 2010, backlog orders increased to $33.4 million from $19.3 million in 2009.
After the deal with luxury insoles maker Foot Petals in January, R.G.Barry recently entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the principal assets of Portland-based Baggallini, a handbag and travel accessories marketer. The transaction was valued at $33.75 million and the handbag maker will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of R.G. Barry. The company expects the two acquisitions to provide an immediate boost to sales and profit margins and make the business less reliant on a single shopping season.Analysts covering the stock, recommend a buy. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 15.2% to $14 in the upcoming 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts