7. R.G. Barry (DFZ) is a developer and marketer of accessory footwear. The company serves a range of North American retailers of all size and retail categories with its family of licensed brands. Its principal brands include Angel Treads, Dearfoams, DF, DF Sport, Terrasoles, and Utopia by Dearfoams. The company develops and sources more than 25 million pairs of accessory footwear annually.
For full year 2010, Barry's net sales increased 8.8% from 2009 levels. Earnings per share rose 31% to 85 cents during the same period. In addition, at the end of 2010, backlog orders increased to $33.4 million from $19.3 million in 2009.
After the deal with luxury insoles maker Foot Petals in January, R.G.Barry recently entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the principal assets of Portland-based Baggallini, a handbag and travel accessories marketer. The transaction was valued at $33.75 million and the handbag maker will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of R.G. Barry. The company expects the two acquisitions to provide an immediate boost to sales and profit margins and make the business less reliant on a single shopping season.Analysts covering the stock, recommend a buy. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 15.2% to $14 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV