1. Sprint Nextel (S) is a wireless telecom carrier.
Its stock has gained 19% in 12 months and 9% this year. But, it tumbled 14% on March 18 as news broke that AT&T (T) plans to buy T-Mobile. Sprint is sending representatives to Washington to campaign against the deal, which, it argues, will put it at a strategic disadvantage and thereby hurt the U.S. consumer. Before news of the deal, Sprint was on a run, helped by cost-cutting initiatives. Its fourth-quarter net loss decreased to $929 million, or 31 cents a share, from $980 million, or 34 cents, a year earlier. The gross margin fell from 48% to 45%. The operating margin remained in negative territory.Cash and equivalents rose 39% to $5.5 billion and debt hovered above $20 billion. Sprint trades at a book value multiple of 0.9, a sales multiple of 0.4 and a cash flow multiple of 2.9, massive industry discounts. Credit Suisse forecasts that the stock will rise 73% to $8. Similarly, Deutsche Bank is bullish on a turnaround, valuing Sprint at $7 a share. In contrast, Sanford Bernstein predicts that Sprint's stock will drop 33%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV