3. Intel (INTC) is a semiconductor company, designing chips for computers and mobile devices.
Since 2008, Intel has grown sales, net income and earnings per share 4.4%, 18% and 20% annually, on average, though, its stock has declined 3% a year over that span. Intel's fourth-quarter net income increased 39% to $3.2 billion, or 59 cents a share, as revenue grew 8.4%, past $11 billion. The gross margin declined marginally to 75%, still remaining near a cyclical high. Its operating margin hovered above 35%, ranking in the 92nd percentile for its industry group. Return on assets widened from 8.2% to 18%, indicating outstanding efficiency improvements.Intel's stock is notably cheap relative to peer investments. It trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 9.7, a forward earnings multiple of 9.2, a book value multiple of 2.2, a sales multiple of 2.5 and a cash flow multiple of 6.6, 52%, 41%, 42%, 29% and 51% discounts to semiconductor peer averages. Its PEG ratio, calculated by dividing the trailing P/E by analysts' terminal earnings growth forecast, at 0.8, reflects a 20% discount to fair value. Intel is now among the highest yielding tech stocks, paying a quarterly dividend of 18 cents, for an annual yield of 3.6%. Credit Suisse ranks Intel "outperform" with a $28 target, suggesting a return of 41%. Roughly 62% of researchers currently rate the stock "buy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV