Government Shutdown: Small Contractors to Suffer
WASHINGTON ( TheStreet) - Todd Flemming, President & CEO of Infrasafe and a member of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council, is one of many small federal contractors who worries how a government shutdown could affect his business.
About 90% of the work done by the nine-year-old company, through its Advantor Systems Corp. subsidiary, which provides electronic security products and services, is for government work, primarily for the U.S. Department of Defense.
|Small firm government contractors will likely suffer if the shutdown occurs.|
Flemming worries how long it would take the government to pay the company for work already done if it came down to a standstill on the budget.
"It's very unlikely that we would get paid on a timely basis," he says. "That's obviously a problem with respect to cash flow. On top of that we're still expected to report to the bases to perform those services -- which we'll do, of course -- and pay
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV