5. Zhongpin (HOGS) is a meat and food processing company specializing in pork and pork products, vegetables and fruits in China. Pork and pork products contributed 98% toward total revenue in 2010 and 2009.
For full-year 2010, total revenue increased to $947 million, surging 30% from 2009 on increased sales in its meat and meat products segment, attributable to Zhongpin gaining traction in other geographies, expansion of the retail store network and improved sales to food service distributors in China.
Net income increased to $58.3 million in 2010 from $45.6 million in 2009. Net profit margin dropped to 6.2% in 2010 from 6.3% in 2009 as Zhongpin could not pass on to customers higher hog prices.Regarding future performance, Warren Wang, Zhongpin's CFO, said in a statement: "For 2011, we expect that Zhongpin's sales revenues should be within a range of $1.18 billion to $1.23 billion, with gross profit margin within the range of 11.7% to 12.4%, and net income margin within the range of 5.7% to 6.3%." The company recently closed a $70.5 million common stock offering on March 22. It intends to use the net proceeds for the construction of processing and cold chain facilities. The stock trades at 8.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV