8. Tyson Foods (TSN) produces, distributes and markets chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods and related products.
During the December quarter, net revenue was $7.6 billion, up 15% compared to last year. The volume change was 4.5% and average price increase was 9.8% for the quarter. Operating margins for the first quarter stood at 6.5% compared to 4.7% for the same quarter last year. Net income increased to $298 million in the December quarter compared to $160 million in the year-ago quarter.
The company managed to reduce debt to a multi-year low of $1.4 billion and its return on invested capital was 26% in the December quarter. Gross profit margin improved to 9.8% from 8% and net profit margin increased to 3.9% from 2.4% during the same period last year.Analysts expect an upside of 15% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 9.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV