9. General Mills (GIS) is a global manufacturer and marketer of consumer foods sold through retail stores. The company has manufacturing facilities in 15 countries and a marketing network in more than 100 countries.
Net sales grew 2% to $3.65 billion during the December quarter. Gross margin expanded during the quarter. Operating profit grew 10% in the third quarter, led by the company's international business segment. Third-quarter net earnings grew $392 million, up 18%, due to an increase in the mark-to-market commodity positions.
Management reaffirms fiscal 2011 guidance of single-digit growth in net sales and earnings per share of $2.46 to $2.48, representing 7%-8% growth from 2010 EPS of $2.30.Analysts see 12% upside for the stock in the next year. The stock is trading at 14.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV