HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
Havertys' sales for the first quarter 2011 decreased 1.2% to $154.2 million, versus $156.0 million for the first quarter of 2010. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter decreased 0.6%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Total written business for the first quarter of 2011 was down approximately 3.5% compared to the same quarter last year.
| Sales in Millions
Comparable Store Sales
|2011||2010||% Change||% Change|
|First Quarter||$||154.2||$||156.0||- 1.2||%||- 0.6||%|
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “Our first quarter total sales were 1.2% below last year with comparable store sales down slightly. This was in line with the sales trend we previously reported for the first two months of the quarter. Last year's first quarter comparable store sales were up 10.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV