HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
Havertys' sales for the first quarter 2011 decreased 1.2% to $154.2 million, versus $156.0 million for the first quarter of 2010. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter decreased 0.6%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Total written business for the first quarter of 2011 was down approximately 3.5% compared to the same quarter last year.
| Sales in Millions
Comparable Store Sales
|2011||2010||% Change||% Change|
|First Quarter||$||154.2||$||156.0||- 1.2||%||- 0.6||%|
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “Our first quarter total sales were 1.2% below last year with comparable store sales down slightly. This was in line with the sales trend we previously reported for the first two months of the quarter. Last year's first quarter comparable store sales were up 10.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV