TheStreet tried the new Sprint MiFi hotspot under real working conditions -- while we were covering last month's CTIA Wireless 2011 trade show in Orlando.
We found the device's speeds to be very fast -- a drop faster than what our favorite Sprint 4G phones provide -- plus, we were getting super-strength signals wherever we roamed, indoors and out.Sprint's new MiFi is a little thicker than its older, 3G-only model, but it's still small enough to slip in a shirt pocket. The device can also be connected to a laptop via USB to get devices online when the MiFi's battery is low. Sprint is pricing the MiFi 3G/4G at $79.95 with a new, two-year data service contract. Sprint says its data plans start at $50 per month. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV