9. inTEST (INTT) designs, manufactures and markets mechanical, thermal and electrical products that semiconductor manufacturers use in conjunction with automatic test equipment (ATE) for testing ICs.
For fourth quarter of 2010, the company's revenue soared 20% to $10.1 million from $8.4 million in the same quarter of 2009. Gross margin improved to 47.4% from 37.5% in the same quarter last year. As a result, net income increased several times to $1.3 million or 13 cents per share from $142,000 or 1 cent per share. Analysts estimated earnings of 9 cents per share.
Full year revenue almost doubled to $46.2 million from $23.5 million a year earlier, driven by 133.8% increase in revenue from sales of mechanical products, 35.3% increase from sales of thermal products, and 188.9% increase in electrical products sales. Geographically, revenue from international customers more than doubled to $28.7 million, while U.S. revenue increased 73.8% to $17.5 million.Subsequently, the company swung to net income of $7.3 million or 72 cents per share, as opposed to a loss of $4.8 million or 49 cents per share in 2009. Cash and cash equivalents surged to $6.9 million from $2.6 million, and the company remains debt-free. Going forward, inTEST expects revenue to be $11-$12 million, and net income in the range of 11-15 cents per share. As of Dec. 2010, order backlog stood at $6.1 million compared to $4.6 million a year earlier. The company's stock has gained 110.7% during the past one year, while it trades at an attractive P/E of 4.9
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV