10. Kulicke and Soffa Industries designs, manufactures and sells capital equipment and expendable tools used to assemble semiconductor devices, including integrated circuits (IC), high and low powered discrete devices, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), and power modules. Approximately, 97% of its revenue for first quarter of 2011 was generated from outside the U.S., primarily the Asia-Pacific region.
For first quarter of 2011, net revenue was reported at $148.9 million compared to $128.4 million for the same quarter in 2010, attributable to an 18.9% increase in equipment revenue. Higher equipment revenue was due to a 202% unit volume increase for its wedge bonders, partially offset by a 17.4% decline in ball bonder volume. Gross profit expanded 450 basis points to 48.4%, while operating margin increased 82 basis points to 14.8%.
However, net income declined marginally to $15.1 million from $15.8 million in the year-ago quarter, while net income per share remained flat at 21 cents. Analysts estimated earnings of 19 cents per share. Cash and cash equivalents stood at $197.6 million compared to $178.1 million, a sequential increase of 10.9%.Going forward, the company expects revenue of $175-$195 million during the second quarter, or 14%-27% year-over-year increase. The wedge bonder business and improving outsourced semiconductor assembly and test providers (OSAT) volumes are expected to drive growth. Of the five analysts covering the stock, 60% recommend a buy, while 20% recommend a sell. On average, analysts estimate 7.1% upside to $9.59 in value from current levels. The stock has already gained 21.6% during the past one year and is currently trading at a P/E as low as 4.6
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV