Mino Gold (MGH) is an exploration-stage company engaged in the exploration and acquisition of gold properties in the People's Republic of China. This is a very speculative gold player with a market cap of $120.34 million. So far in 2011 the stock is off by around 9.5%, but things look ready to change rapidly for Mino Gold.
If you take a look at the chart for Mino Gold, you'll see that the stock has been forming a basing chart pattern for the past couple of months between $2.90 and $2. This is a healthy pattern to see in a stock because it means it's building up energy for a run higher. Of course, that's as long as it doesn't break below the lower end of the pattern, which MGH hasn't. Now the stock looks ready to make a fresh run at $2.90 since it's started to move above the 50-day moving average of $2.32 a share.
Related: Gold Stocks Owned by Hedge FundsWhat traders should watch for now is for volume to increase dramatically if MGH can break out above $2.90. I would suggest watching for volume to come in to MGH that are well above the three-month average trading activity of 518,000 shares. If the stock does break out, this will be a major development, because it will mean MGH is trading at brand new all-time highs. The stock could easily double if that occurs, so consider buying some shares now in anticipation of the breakout. You can manage your risk in this trade by simply selling the stock if it moves below some near-term support at $2.25 a share. I like the setup here, and I think MGH has tremendous upside from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV