ETF Securities (ETFS) announced it has cross-listed four of its popular physically-backed precious metal products on the Mexican Stock Exchange, the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (BMV).
- ETFS Physical Platinum Shares (Ticker: PPLT)
- ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (Ticker: PALL)
- ETFS Physical Precious Metal Basket Shares (Ticker: GLTR)
- ETFS Physical White Metal Basket Shares (Ticker: WITE)
The four “first to market products,” all with an expense ratio of 0.60% (1), gained momentum since launch on the NYSE Arca gathering almost $2.0B in less than two years. The cross listing to the Mexican Stock Exchange, BMV is part of a global expansion initiative for ETFS and the four cross-listed products will be the first of their kind available to Mexican investors.
These new listings of commodity-related ETPs are complementary to the approximately 600 international securities and exchange traded funds (ETFs) already cross-listed and may enhance the overall offering on the international segment of the Mexican Exchange.
This Mexico cross-listing initiative is on the heels of significant demand heard from local Mexican institutional clients requesting more choice in physically-backed ETP solutions. Also, the continued geopolitical turmoil in the Middle East and Africa, global inflationary concerns, and investment merits of adding non-correlated asset classes to portfolios all bode well for this new cross listed offering of ETFS products onto the Mexican Exchange, BMV.ETFS will continue to look strategically at cross-listing more of its products onto the BMV and exchanges globally. Commenting for ETFS Marketing LLC, Fred Jheon Head of Product and Business Development said: "We are delighted to expand our global footprint into Mexico and have four of our popular US products meet the demand from Mexican investors." For more information please contact the US marketing agent, ETFS Marketing on 212-918-4954 or visit our website: www.etfsecurities.com The precious metal ETPs have the following key features:
- Track spot price of underlying metal less associated management fees (1)
- Physically-backed by underlying bullion – minimal counterparty risk
- Bullion holdings audited by specialist audit firm biannually – audit reports published on the website www.etfsecurities.com