This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

American Learning Corporation Announces Proposed Acquisition And Sale Of Certain Assets

American Learning Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ:ALRN) is pleased to announce it has signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire an 80% interest in an east coast company which provides educational and behavioral health professionals that has reported revenues averaging over $30 million per year over the last few years. The Company will have the option to acquire the remaining 20% interest at a future date.

The proposed acquisition would be accretive to the Company’s earnings immediately. Payment for the proposed acquisition is to be made by a combination of cash and notes payable at closing with an additional sum based on future earnings. Current management in the company will continue in their existing capacities. As is customary, the proposed acquisition is subject to due diligence and the consummation of a legally binding agreement.

Gary Gelman, the Company’s President, stated, “The proposed acquisition would mark the next step in the development of the Company and accelerate its expansion plans.”

Also, on March 31, 2011, the Company completed the disposition of certain assets of its wholly owned subsidiary, Interactive Therapy Group Consultants, Inc. (“ITG”), pursuant to an Asset Purchase Agreement (the “Agreement”) among the Company, ITG, Liberty Resources POST, LLC (“Liberty”) and John Torrens. In consideration of the purchase price provided for in the Agreement, the Company sold certain assets related to ITG’s business in the upstate region of New York State. Total compensation to the Company, in the amount of $650,000, consisted of $200,000 in cash and a note receivable in the amount of $450,000. At the closing, $25,000 of the cash consideration was deposited into an escrow account subject to the assignment of a certain contract to Liberty by the Company. In addition, the Company released John Torrens, ITG’s former President, from his non-competition agreement for a sum of $100,000 in cash. ITG will continue to operate in the downstate area of New York State (New York City and Long Island).

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,084.49 +33.74 0.20%
S&P 500 2,014.89 +15.91 0.80%
NASDAQ 4,830.47 +19.6820 0.41%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs