Meir said a rate increase coming out the European Central Bank by Thursday could set the markets back, though the move would likely be shrugged off by the markets as easily as the markets did with the recent Chinese fiscal tightening, he said.
(Published at 9:49 am) Cotton was popping by the daily exchange limit of 7 cents, or 3.5%, to $2.08 a pound, spurred by expectations of delayed harvests in Australia. Reports say that cotton gathering in the various cotton growing regions of Australia have been delayed by wet weather.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV