Pimco chief Bill Gross told CNBC that the Fed has kept Treasury yields at levels too low to present reasonable returns for most investors.
ProShares UltraShort 7-10 Year Treasury Fund (PST) was rising 0.6% to $42.63, ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury Fund (TBT) was gaining 1.3% to $37.77, iPath US Treasury 10-year Bear ETN (was) 0.7% higher at $53.76 and JPMorgan Double Short US 10 Year Treasury Futures ETN (DSXJ) was up 0.6% to $54.56.
May copper futures on Wednesday were extending the previous day's gains, rising 2.3% to $4.36 a pound and hitting a one-week high amid speculation that Chinese rate hikes won't temper the country's appetite for copper.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV