Fresh Express Announces Precautionary Recall Of A Limited Number Of Cases Of 9 Oz. Bag Spinach Due To Possible Health Risk From Salmonella
SALINAS, Calif., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fresh Express is voluntarily recalling 2,939 cases of 9 oz. Bag Spinach with Product Codes starting with H081 and H082, UPC Code of 7127913204 and Use-by Dates of April 6 and 7 out of an abundance of caution due to a positive result for Salmonella from random sample testing.
The company is not aware of any illnesses reported in connection with the recall and no other Fresh Express products are included in the recall.
Consumers who have purchased the product should not consume it, but rather discard it and contact their retailer for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center at (800) 242-5472, Monday – Friday, 5 a.m. – 8 p.m., Pacific Time. Consumers can find the Product Code and Use-by Date in the upper right-hand corner of the package and the UPC Code in the lower left on the reverse side of the package.
Retailers should remove the identified 9 oz. Bag Spinach (Product Code starting with H081 and H082, UPC Code of 7127913204 and Use-by Dates of April 6 and 7) from store shelves and inventories. Fresh Express customer service representatives are already contacting retailers to ensure the precautionary recall is executed swiftly. The identified 9 oz. Bag Spinach was distributed to seven states with the potential for redistribution by customers to an additional seven states as follows:
- Distribution: Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Ohio and Maine.
- Possible Redistribution: New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, West Virginia and DC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV