Globe Specialty Stock Hits New 52-Week High (GSM)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Globe Specialty Metals (Nasdaq:GSM) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it traded at $24.31 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $24.23. Globe Specialty is changing hands at $24.26 with 373,896 shares traded as of 11:27 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 773,300 shares over the past 30 days. Globe Specialty has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 38.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Globe Specialty Metals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces silicon metal and silicon-based alloys. The company offers chemical and metallurgical grade silicon metal, which is used as a raw material in making silicone compounds, aluminum, and polysilicon. The company has a P/E ratio of 86.5, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 83.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 16.8.
- Practice your GSM trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV