GAITHERSBURG, Md., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today GenVec, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNVC) announced that it will implement a one for ten reverse stock split of the Company's outstanding shares of common stock. The reverse stock split will be effective with respect to stockholders of record at the close of business on Monday, April 18, 2011, and trading of the Company's common stock on the NASDAQ Capital Market will begin on a split-adjusted basis at the opening of trading on Tuesday, April 19, 2011. As a result of the reverse stock split, each ten shares of common stock will be combined into one share of common stock and the total number of shares of common stock outstanding will be reduced from approximately 129.1 million shares to approximately 12.9 million shares. GenVec's stockholders authorized the reverse stock split at a special meeting of stockholders held on April 5, 2011.
The primary objective of the reverse stock split is to raise the per share trading price of GenVec's common stock. In particular, this will help the Company to maintain the listing of the common stock on the NASDAQ Capital Market. The NASDAQ Capital Market listing standards generally require a per share bid price in excess of $1.00. On November 9, 2010, the Company received a letter from NASDAQ notifying the Company that it must maintain a minimum bid price of at least $1.00 for a period of at least ten consecutive business days prior to May 9, 2011 in order to maintain its listing.
Stockholders will receive cash in lieu of any fraction of a share that stockholders would otherwise be entitled to receive as a result of the reverse stock split.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV