NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- CNOOC (CEO), Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), Royal Dutch Shell (RDS/A), Total (TOT), Eni (E), Sinopec (SNP), BP (BP), LDK Solar (LDK), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), ReneSola (SOL) are among the energy stocks trading with good discounts to the market.
The unrest engulfing the Middle East and North Africa have supported the current upswing in crude oil prices. Going ahead, we expect energy stocks to outperform the broader markets on improving macro-economic fundamentals. Year-to-date, the S&P 500 Index gained 6.0%, while the S&P 500 Energy Index surged 16.8%.
In the current market environment of volatile oil prices, the following 10 energy stocks are trading at deep discounts. These stocks are selling at an average forward price-to-earnings ratio of less than 8, while the S&P 500 index is trading at a P/E ratio of 16.2.
The following 10 energy stocks are expected to gain up to 53% over the next 12 months, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV