Nat Gas, Oil Fall Before Storm Report: Market Bits
(Published at 9:54 am)
Treasuries were rising again, extending gains from Friday's strong employment report.
The two-year note was rising 0/32, pushing the yield down to 0.766%, the ten-year note was up 6/32, lowering the yield to 3.401% and the 30-year bond was rising 14/32, pushing the yield down to 4.455%.
"Bernanke's comments helped to lift Treasuries up from early losses in Asian-time and have taken the active issues back to unchanged levels as Tuesday's New York session gets underway," said Martin Mitchell, head of government trading at Stifel Nicolaus.
Moody's has slashed Portugal's sovereign debt rating by one notch to Baa1 on concerns that the country will need short-term aid ahead of a June 5 election. >>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV