The two-year note was falling 2/32, pushing the yield up to 0.79%; the 10-year note was down 3/32, raising the yield to 3.436%; and the 30-year bond was falling 0/32, pushing the yield up to 4.481%.
The iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond Fund ( SHY ) was flat at $83.74, iShares Barclays 7-10 Year Treasury Bond Fund (IEF) was down 0.2% to $92.95 and iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) was down 0.1% to $92.16.
iShares Barclays TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities) Bond Fund (TIP) was flat at $109.27.
May cocoa futures were falling as traders braced for a possible resolution of the political strife taking place in the world's largest cocoa producing country and a return to normal cocoa export levels. May cocoa futures were falling 1.8% to $2,967 a metric ton, pointing to the end of a two-day winning streak. On Monday, the battle over main Ivory Coast city Abidjan persisted for the fifth straight day, with fighters favoring President-elect Alassane Ouattara gaining control. The Ivory Coast has been embroiled in political turmoil. The conflict involves Laurent Gbagbo, a 10-year incumbent who refuses to step down, and Ouattara, who declared victory during the country's 2010 presidential elections and wants Gbagbo to formally resign.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV