Novell Ships Cloud-Based Social Collaboration Platform
WALTHAM, Mass., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Novell today announced the general availability of Novell Vibe™ Cloud, the first secure, real-time, web-based social collaboration platform for the enterprise. Novell Vibe Cloud is offered as an online service and comes in two editions – basic, with all the functionality needed to demonstrate proof-of-value, and enterprise, which offers additional security features, management controls and premium support. Novell also announced the Novell Vibe Enterprise Social Getworking Program to help enterprises quickly deploy and gain value with the enterprise edition of Novell Vibe Cloud. Customers can signup at www.novell.com/socialgetworkingprogram for a chance to receive everything from on-site consulting and support to free enterprise subscriptions.
"Industry trends indicate that people want social tools in the workplace, but social tools alone won't make business users more productive," said Erin Traudt, Research Director, Enterprise Collaboration and Social Solutions at IDC. "New social collaboration offerings, like Novell Vibe, help put the social functionality people want in the context of accomplishing their daily work, while adding the security and compliance control that enterprises need. It's this combination that helps people get work done not only faster, but smarter."
Novell Vibe Cloud is web-based and easy to use like consumer social networking tools, but built for the enterprise. It combines real-time co-authoring, social messaging, and file sharing with the security IT needs. It makes it easy for people to work together across organizations while maintaining enterprise security policies. All it takes to bring a colleague, partner or customer into Novell Vibe Cloud is their email address, and Vibe integrates with any email client through standard protocols. Taking collaboration beyond single-purpose social and real-time solutions, Vibe Cloud helps people to work together across organizations to reach new levels of efficiency in the global workplace.
The free basic version, announced in beta in November, has already had thousands of users set up accounts at https://vibe.novell.com. Using Vibe, people can stay in the loop, tap into good ideas, connect better with customers and partners, get feedback and finish joint work faster. Beta users have found that Vibe helps them work together in many ways, including making it easy to:
- Assemble ad-hoc teams and contribute as a group to real-time meeting minutes
- Collaborate across organizations with the ability to invite external colleagues by email
- Leverage experts and files to build a best-of-breed sales presentation, RFP response, etc.
- Keep people up to date and participate in relevant topics and conversations
- Share and synchronize files from the desktop to the cloud so everyone can find the latest version quickly and easily
- Organizational management console: allows enterprise IT to centrally manage access controls according to the organization's security policies.
- Federated authentication and single-sign on: uses industry standard SAML to integrate seamlessly with enterprise identity and access management systems for policy-driven provisioning.
- Unlimited groups: gives users the ability to create as many groups as needed to match the fast pace of new and evolving joint business work efforts and opportunities.
- More storage: increases the basic version's storage limit of 250 MB/user to a pooled company storage of 5 GB/user so people can share, store and leverage the files they need.
- Data ownership: gives the enterprise ownership of all data stored across users' groups in their domain and facilitates compliance efforts.
- World-class support: includes premium support from Novell to keep your business on track and collaborating around the clock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV