Expedia's stock was last quoted at $23.65, up 5.4%, on volume of around 87,000, according to Nasdaq.com. AMR edged up 1.1% to $6.34 with roughly 60,000 shares changing hands.
Additional terms of the agreement weren't disclosed. Expedia and American Airlines have been at odds since early January. At the heart of the dispute was the insistence of American Airlines that its flight information be accessed through a direct electronic link, rather than global distribution system technology, and the press release seemed to indicate an accommodation had been made.
Other stocks making notable moves after the bell included Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST), which gained more than 14% to $28.94 on volume of 1.2 million after the company settled a patent lawsuit related to its Cubicin drug for blood infections with Teva Pharmaceuticals (TEVA) and hammered out a licensing agreement; Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR), which surged 18% to $17.60 on volume of around 220,000 after forecasting strong first-quarter results with sales projected at $48.6 million; and Meru Networks (MERU), which fell 6% to $17.70 on volume of less than 10,000 after giving a disappointing revenue forecast for its first quarter because of delays in the approval of certain deals, primarily in the United States.--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV