Updated for latest prices. Adds information on Expedia, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Questcor Pharmaceuticals, and Meru Networks.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A mammoth acquisition deal in the semiconductor space sparked a rally in other chip companies in Monday's after-hours action.
The consideration represents a premium of roughly 78% to the $14.07 closing price for National Semi's stock in the regular session. The shares haven't participated in the broad market's rally this past year, falling nearly 3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV