CHESAPEAKE, Va., April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Monarch Financial Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: MNRK), parent of Monarch Bank, has been included in the 2011 Bank Honor Roll by KBW, Inc., a full-service investment bank that specializes in the financial services sector. Monarch is one of only 40 banks named to the Bank Honor Roll out of nearly 400 banks screened by KBW. Monarch is one of only four Virginia-based banks on the list.
In a news release, KBW said it selected banking companies for "successfully navigating the financial crisis and generating superior ten-year track records." KBW said Honor Roll winners are publicly traded banking companies with at least $500 million in total assets that meet the following three criteria:
- No annual loss reported in net income per share before extraordinary items over the past 10 years.
- 2010 annual reported net income per share before extraordinary items must have been equal to or greater than peak net income per share over the past 10 years.
- Consecutive increases in net income per share before extraordinary items since 2009.
"We are pleased to receive this recognition from KBW for our successful financial performance during both the recent recession and the longer term," said Brad E. Schwartz, Chief Executive Officer. "This accomplishment is the result of the continued dedication and hard work of our employees and Boards of Directors. We thank all of them for their role in the success of the company."
In its news release, KBW said that the 40 banking companies on this year's Bank Honor Roll, on average, outperformed both the banking industry and the overall stock market in terms of stock price performance during the five-year period between 2005 and 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV