Massey Energy Statement On One Year Anniversary Of UBB Accident
JULIAN, W.Va., April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Massey Energy Company (NYSE: MEE) today released the following statement in remembrance of the coal miners who died or were injured in the April 5, 2010, Upper Big Branch (UBB) mine explosion in Montcoal, WV:
"As the one-year anniversary of the Upper Big Branch (UBB) mine explosion approaches, Massey Energy continues to extend our sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies to those families and communities who lost loved ones in this tragic accident. The Company remains fully committed to a thorough and comprehensive investigation that seeks to identify the primary causes of the explosion and provide answers to the UBB families and the communities we serve in Central Appalachia.
"In honor of the beloved miners that we lost in last year's accident, Massey Energy will idle production and hold a safety stand down at our 92 underground coal producing sections on April 5, 2011. In addition, Massey will conduct a company-wide, one minute and twenty-nine-second moment of silence at 3:02 pm EDT to pay tribute to the 29 miners who died in the UBB explosion."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV