Gold Fields (GFI) rose 4.3% after the company reported its results for the six months ended December 31, 2010. Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) was up 3.8% after analysts at Citigroup raised the stock's target price to $118 from the earlier $108. Meanwhile, the company is keen to shift its focus to the Asian markets from the currently focused North American markets.
Heading the losers' list, Alliance Holdings (AHGP) shed 7.6%. Metalline Mining and Mines Management followed, eroding 5.3% and 5.1% in value. Kinross Gold (KGC) slipped 4.4%. The company said last week that it intends to double its revolving credit facility from $600 million to $1.2 billion with an expiry date of March 2015.
Consol Energy dropped 4.2% at close past week after research analysts at Gabelli initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV