LEXINGTON, Ky., April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Valvoline ™, a brand of Ashland Inc., announced the wide-scale availability of NextGen™ motor oil. The new formula is made from 50 percent recycled oil and delivers 100 percent Valvoline engine protection. NextGen motor oil is great for engines and better for the environment, exceeding industry specifications with reduced environmental impact compared to non-recycled motor oil.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/valvoline-nextgen/49478/
NextGen motor oil is the culmination of years of continued research, technology and innovation from Valvoline scientists coupled with improvements in the oil re-refining process. Valvoline chemists now have the ability to pair the company's award-winning additive chemistry with recycled base oils that meet its exacting standards. The result is a high-performance product that uses 50 percent recycled oil and matches the quality of other Valvoline motor oils (that use non-recycled base oil)."Unlike vertically integrated oil and energy companies, our sole focus is motor oil, so we are constantly looking to innovate and bring the highest-quality motor oil products to consumers," said Sam Mitchell, President of Valvoline. "NextGen takes advantage of our technology and expertise in a formulation that uses recycled oil and delivers the quality and performance we demand to put the Valvoline 'V' on the bottle." Oil Can Be Re-Used Since base oil doesn't completely wear out – it simply gets dirty – used oil can be re-refined and re-used. Today's re-refining technology has advanced significantly and now follows a technical process almost identical to that used for crude oil refining. The manufacturing process also offers environmental benefits, lessening the carbon footprint (versus crude refining) while producing base oil just as good as crude.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV