EnergySolutions Inc. Stock Upgraded (ES)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 258.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.86 million to -$20.35 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, ENERGYSOLUTIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ENERGYSOLUTIONS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERGYSOLUTIONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.57 versus $0.51 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 45.6% in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.57).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 233.11% to $104.33 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENERGYSOLUTIONS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.43%.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.