Gabelli & Co. reiterated a buy rating on BlackRock shares following news of the index change, saying that even with the upside spike since the announcement "we continue to believe in the long-term fundamentals of the company and would recommend purchase."
The firm also noted that BlackRock generates significant cash flow, which it estimates at $2.9 billion for fiscal 2011, and that the company could look to use some of those funds to boost its dividend even further despite having announced an increase of 37.5% in its quarterly payout on Feb. 24 to $1.375 a share.
BlackRock is expected to report its first-quarter results on April 25. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of $2.75 per share on revenue of $2.24 billion in the March-ended period.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV