BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Dow stocks, which some investors argue offer the best risk-reward proposition of any asset class, have led equity markets this year. The following five Dow stocks, all of which pay dividends, derive the greatest share of revenue from the Asia-Pacific region, of the Dow 30. With China pacing the world as an economic thoroughbred, these companies are likely to continue to increase sales and profits at a faster pace than their multi-national peers. Below is a closer look at the fundamentals of these Asia-focused firms.
5. DuPont (DD) is a diversified chemicals company, selling performance coatings, polymers and specialty chemicals. Its stock has advanced 47% in the past 12 months, outperforming the Dow. During fiscal 2010, DuPont derived 22% of its sales from the Asia Pacific region. It generated 36% of sales in the U.S., 25% in Europe and 15% in Canada and Latin America. DuPont's sales have grown 18% in the past year as net income and earnings per share rose 73%.
Fourth-quarter net income dropped 15% to $376 million and earnings per share fell 17% to 40 cents, hurt by a higher share count. Revenue increased 12%. The gross margin contracted from 31% to 26% and the operating margin fell from 7.7% to 4.4%. Asia Pacific sales jumped 26% during the fourth quarter and Latin America revenue rose 18%, outpacing other segments. DuPont's stock sells for 13-times forward earnings, a 25% chemicals peer discount.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV