7. Pinnacle Financial Partners
Shares of Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP) of Nashville, Tenn., closed at 16.54 Thursday, returning 22% during the first quarter.
The company owes $95 million in TARP money. The Nashville Business Journal reported on March 10 that Pinnacle was considering enrolling in the small business lending fund created by Congress in 2010, which would be less restrictive than retaining the TARP funding.On February 28, Sterne Agee analyst Peyton Green reiterated his buy rating for Pinnacle Financial, saying that "continued margin expansion and improved credit quality should result in PNFP posting positive surprises in 2011. The company is scheduled to announce its first-quarter results on April 18, and the consensus estimate is for earnings of 3 cents a share for the quarter, 32 cents a share for 2011 and 84 cents a share for 2012. Out of 13 analysts covering Pinnacle Financial Partners, three rate the shares a buy, nine have neutral ratings and one analyst recommends selling the shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV