9. MB Financial
Shares of MB Financial (MBFI) of Chicago closed at $20.96 Thursday, returning 21% during the first quarter.
The company has expanded its market footprint, with six acquisitions of failed banks during the credit crisis.The company owes $196 million in TARP money. In late January after MB Financial announced its fourth-quarter results, CEO Mitchell Feiger said the company would wait to repay TARP, "hopefully without any common stock issuance." The consensus among analysts is for MB Financial to earn 5 cents a share for the first quarter, 73 cents for all of 2011, and a$1.70 a share in 2012. Out of 13 analysts covering MB Financial, seven rate the shares a buy, five have neutral ratings and one analyst recommends investors sell the shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV